Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Homemade Pretzels

This homemade pretzel recipe is super yummy! And as usual this very easy, perfect for my mediocre baking skill. My babies loves it. We had tried different toppings such as pepperoni, cinnamon sugar and my favorite garlic Parmesan cheese.


Cinnamon Sugar and Garlic Parmesan Cheese Pretzels



Homemade Pretzels


Ingredients:
(Makes 10)

  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 1/2 packages)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
  • 1 cup bread flour
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 2 tablespoons baking soda
  • To taste, coarse salt
  • 2 - 4 tablespoons butter (melted)

Directions:


1.Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise at least 1/2 hour.

2.While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tablespoons baking soda. Be certain to stir often.

3.After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. 

4. Brush with melted butter, add toppings (optional. Note: not for Cinnamon Sugar).

5.Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden.
Toppings:
After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
or Garlic Parmesan Cheese, mix freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
or Once Baked:
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the baked pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously. Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture.

Enjoy!


April

11 comments:

MikiHope said...

Oh-they sound yummy for the tummy! I am not much of a baker but maybe I could make these--

Erin said...

Oh my! I havent had breakfast yet... and this looks delish! :)

Tamara @ Mommyland said...

My Kids Love pretzels These look like a fun after school or Saturday afternoon activity. Thank you so much for sharing.

Melinda Dunne said...

I would love to try these! I am going to have to make sure I get the ingredients when I go grocery shopping. I love cinnamon sugar pretzels.

Trendy Cyndie said...

I love home made pretzels with mustard! Must try this recipe.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I thought I already commented on this? Hmmnn, anyhow, I think I would try the cinnamon one.

MzBaker said...

these sound super good I will be trying pretzels soon, its the one thing I haven't tried making, oh and bagels to lol

Corinne said...

Yum! My kids love Auntie Anne's. I would get huge bonus points if I made these at home for them. Going to give it a try this weekend. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Those look as good as a kit I used to make them. I will be trying this out.

Nova said...

I want to try to bake this, it looks pretty simple and quick. I have all the ingredients. might want to back later this day.

Becca Wilson said...

These do sound really good. I can not bake worth anything when it comes to bread products though :/

Post a Comment

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

.